Our world is not in balance. Despite our attempts to approach living in this complex age, our
positive attitude does not protect us from the reality that our bodies, our minds, our immune
sytem, and our families are being affected by the chemicals, the pesticides, herbicides, and
indoor molds and mycotoxins that are either ignored or minimized. We are not separate from
what is in and surrounding our homes and workplaces. Environmental illness is about the
interaction between humans and their environment and the effects on our Health from the
world we are creating.
Perhaps our world now justifies going so fast that we don.t treasure and take care of our
homes, investing in careful repairs immediately when something goes wrong, or using materials
that may be more expensive and resist dampness. The choices we have been making as a
culture have led to some estimates that over 40% of structures in the United States may have
pathogenic mold and mycotoxins in them, and that the cleaners we use, the furniture we buy,
rugs or carpet we install have poisons that are affecting our brains, nervous systems and
muscles and hormone regulation. Accumulated over a lifetime the effects are seen, though
perhaps not recgnized in the immediate moment.
In assisting bodies to return to Health- a way of being on the Earth that is our birthright-
Sharron assesses exposure to toxins affecting muscles, the functioning of our brains, and our
quality of life and families without our knowledge.
Chemicals come into our bodies through food we eat, air we are breathing, the water we are
drinking, and the products we are using in our homes and in our personal hygiene. They are
stored in our bodies for years, usually in our fat tissue, unless removed through treatment.
Some symptoms may be an ongoing fatigue, cold hands and feet, headaches, bloating, food
sensitivities, wheezing, or heart palpitations.
Indoor molds are also known to cause serious health problems, and these indoor molds are
different from outdoor molds. Mold starts to grow within 24-72 hrs of a water leak that may
come in a basement, a pipe, a roof, or a poorly sealed window or ongoing moist and musty
conditions. People have often heard about Stachybotrys or .black mold. as a mold which is
dangerous but it is not the only toxic indoor mold. There are others that are known to cause
Molds give off both spores, which enter the body through the airways or throat causing lung or
throat irritation or the eyes making them irritated or swollen, and gases -chemicals called
mycotoxins- and organic solvents such as benzene, hexane, acetone, and toluene. Each of
these damage the body in a particular way affecting the brain, the skin, the sinuses, the
gastrointestinal tract, the lungs and the cardiovascular system. Molds can alter your immune
system making you more susceptible to infections and also cause allergic reactions such as
headaches, fatigue, vocal hoarseness, or problems breathing.
Even if no spores are found to be present, the chemicals emitted by molds are toxic to one.s
health and are absorbed by clothing, textile furniture, paper and books, mattresses and pilows
and carpeting that has become contaminated. After an area is remediated, these toxins may
yet remain in contaminated belongings and continue to cause illness and infection.
Learning from Dr. Adrienne Sprouse M.D., M.Ed. a toxicologist and expert in the field of Mold
and Environmental Illness in Manhatten, NY since 2014 through the present, and attending the
International Mycotoxin Conference in 2016. Sharron offers this expertise for initial and ongoing
assessment and consultation referring you to physicians for testing and a full treatment